The presence of the microscopic particle whose division is not possible known as Atoms. In ancient times, many scientists presented their model to develop the concept of the atom. Analysis of proton, neutron, electron all is necessary for the chemical study of anything. By many experiments, the scientists have tried to prove their nuclear model. At that time we can understand their thinking and thoughts about atom through quotes. There were some specializations of nuclear models and there were some limitations.
1. Radioactivity is shown to be accompanied by chemical changes in which new types of matter are being continually produced. The conclusion is drawn that these chemical changes must be sub-atomic in character. – by Ernest Rutherford
2. I know what the atom looks like! – by Ernest Rutherford
3. When we have found how the nucleus of atoms is built up we shall have found the greatest secret of all except life. We shall have found the basis of everything of the earth we walk on, of the air we breathe, of the sunshine, of our physical body itself, of everything in the world, however great or however small except life. – by Ernest Rutherford
4. If the modern conception of the atom is correct the barrier which separated physics from chemistry has been removed. – by J. J. Thomson
5. When it comes to atoms, language can be used only as in poetry. The poet, too, is not nearly so concerned with describing facts as with creating images. – by Niels Bohr
6. Chemical analysis and synthesis go no farther than to the separation of particles one from another,and to their reunion. No new creation or destruction of matter is within the reach of chemical agency. We might as well attempt to introduce a new planet into the solar system, or to annihilate one already in existence, as to create or destroy a particle of hydrogen. – by John Dalton
feel free to write your comments in the comment box below. And for similar posts or science related articles, follow us on Facebook.