- 1. Biot number signifies the ratio of
- 2. A spherical steel ball of 12 mm diameter is initially at 1000 K. It is slowly cooled in a surrounding of 300 K. The heat transfer coefficient between the steel ball and the surroundings is 5W/m2K. The temperature difference between the center and the surface of the steel ball is
- 3. A spherical thermocouple junction of diameter 0.706 mm is to be used for the measurement of temperature of a gas stream. The convective heat transfer coefficient on bead surface is 400 W/m2 K. Thermophysical properties of thermocouple material are k= 20 W/m-K, C= 400 J/kgK and ρ = 8500 kg/m3. if the thermocouple initially at 30 C is placed in a hot stream of 300 C, the time taken by the bead to reach 298 C, is
- 4. The value of Biot number is very small ( less than 0.01), when
- 5. Lumped heat transfer analysis of a solid object suddenly exposed to a fluid medium at a different temp is valid when
this helps you to prepare Gate examination.if you want to add something feel free to comment in comment section. And for similar posts follow us on Facebook.